If done correctly, there is no doubt that business case studies can have profound influence on your marketing efforts. Yes, it definitely takes a lot of time and efforts to create an exceptional case study, but it is an extraordinarily rewarding strategy to draw new clients, nonetheless.
This scenario is further worsened by the fact that many businesses do not know how to create an excellent case study, and considering the value of case studies, that’s a shame.This is the reason we have come up with a post bringing all the writing tips that can help you create exceptional case studies for your business.
Over the years, we have seen just too many businesses and people who have no clue as to how to create business case study that can tick all the boxes. If you are one of them, fret not for we are here.
The guide has been created to provide a strategic and step-by-step support for everyone wanting to come up with an excellent and effective success story for any business.
Step #1: Choose the best content for you to write about
By the very nature of case study, it must be something exciting and challenging for the business. Writing a success story of a project that wasn’t challenging at all would not bring any value to anyone, without any doubt. This is exactly why you need to have the best case to write about. It is a critical element when it comes to writing an engaging and insightful content that can convince your potential clients of your service deliverance.
In order to ensure that you have the best case to write about, select the ones that have the following elements;
- It must have a considerable challenge: Only when write about a case that involves a rigid timeline, an intricate project concern or an issue that some other couldn’t crack, will it become valuable. Case studies will only become relevant when there are relatable stakes involved. Otherwise, it will appear and feel mediocre.
- It must have a gratifying resolution: Ensure that your it has a relatable solution at the end of it. This will help the clients relate the same to their project requirements as well.
- It must bring considerable advantages: The ultimate objective of creating a case study is to know the benefit derived at the end of it. You must jot down the benefits derived by the client at the end of the project, and these benefits must be relatable to the potential clients reading it.
Step #2: Write the case study you intend to make
This is definitely the most tiring part; writing. You may want to get the help from one of the established content writing companies in India at this stage. But knowing the process will make you get the best case study, for sure.
- Your voice is important: According to the people you are writing for, you can either use a first person narrative style or a second person. However, there is no rule of thumb here; you can choose the one that you feel is comfortable. Most case studies have a confluence of both the styles.
- Your title is important: Always make sure that your title is engaging and attention-grabbing. Include numbers and percentages along with action verbs to make it all the more attractive and head-turning.
- Simple language: Many think that knowing how to write a business success story is all about learning to integrate technical words and jargons into the mix. This is never the case; case studies must be simple and comprehensible for everyone involved. The simpler it becomes, the client-friendlier it will be.
- Real numbers can make case studies all the more interesting: Adding numbers to the case studies will make it all the more legit and attention-grabbing. As numbers are very much quantitative in nature, the audience can relate to it better as well.
- Chronology is important: When it comes to case studies, writing them as they happened is the best way to do it. This will provide you the room to flesh out the narrative as happened in the chorological order making it easier for the audience to read and understand.
Step #3: Give all your contact details with the case study at the end of it
Most of the times when it is created—either by you or a company that offers business case study writing services — it is designed for distribution as well. As such, it is really important that all the details to contact you must be given at the end of the same. As the ultimate intention of creating is to convince potential clients, you must provide the details in case the clients are impressed with you. This may fall out of the standard business case study format, it is imperative nonetheless to include them as it is an outstanding strategy.
Step #4: Get a designer to finish the case study
Even when it is written by one of the best professional case study writers, design plays an important role in it. As such, it is essential that you hire a designer to endow this with an enticing and stunning design. Including a set of quotes with key figures, integrating simple infographics, and boxing in some key statistics can all make the difference to improve its value and relevance in the eyes of the audience.
Step #5: The final phase; publish your case study
No content is good for anyone unless you publish it. The very purpose of creating this type of content is to get the good words out especially in the light of previous service deliverance. Whether you are hiring a professional website content writing company to do it or you do it in-house, publishing is the most important aspect in utilizing case studies for business promotion.
The importance of case study cannot be emphasized enough, especially in today’s world where competition is scorching fierce. As such, whenever you get the opportunity to make use of it, you need to take the opportunity.